Born: October 21, 1981
Hometown: Southampton, Pennsylvania
Joined Tour: 2005
Total Championships Won: 5
Major Championships Won (1):
- 2010 U.S. Open, Indianapolis, Indiana
Awards and Honors:
- Four-time first-team All-American at Saginaw Valley State University
- Bowling Writers Association of America Collegiate Bowler of the Year, (2001, 2003, 2004)
- National Collegiate Bowling Coaches Association Most Valuable Player (2003, 2004)
- 2006 PBA Rookie of the Year
Bill O'Neill is widely regarded as one of the best bowlers on Tour, and he's getting better each year. In 2008-09, he finished second in average with 222.96 (trailing the leader, Wes Malott, by only .02), also earning a career-high $91,680.
In 2009-10, he trumped his previous career high by earning $147,275 (good for second on Tour), helped by winning his first two PBA Tour titles, including his first major title in the U.S. Open. He finished in a tie with Mike Scroggins and Walter Ray Williams, Jr. for PBA Player of the Year, but Williams held the tie-breaker and took the award.
If his quick ascent to the top of the PBA Tour continues, O'Neill is poised to have a very successful 2010-11 season.