Born: March 25, 1964
Hometown: Mount Pleasant, Texas
Joined Tour: 1982
Total Championships Won: 37
Major Championships Won (7):
- 1993 USBC Masters, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 1994 Tournament of Champions, Akron, Ohio
- 2000 PBA National Championship, Toledo, Ohio
- 2008 Denny's World Championship, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2008 U.S. Open, North Brunswick, New Jersey
- 2008 PBA World Championship, Wichita, Kansas
- 2011 U.S. Open, North Brunswick, New Jersey
Awards and Honors:
In 2009, Norm Duke was ranked 7th on the PBA's list of the 50 greatest bowlers of all time. It's very possible he's jumped a couple spots since then.
Duke is the only bowler to ever win three consecutive majors and one of two bowlers to complete bowling's Grand Slam. He also holds the record as the youngest bowler to ever win a PBA title at 18 years, 345 days old.
On Tour, nobody wants to bowl against Duke. He's a frequent performer in TV finals because of his resiliency and ability to perform under pressure. This lets him find his way out of the qualifying rounds more often than most, and even when he doesn't make it to TV, he almost always cashes.
Even though he's very well respected, he doesn't shy away from competition. Every time he bowls, and every time he's interviewed, it's evident he wants to win, and he makes no apologies for it. Maybe that's why he wins so often.